26 June 2006

serendipity

What are the chances that three European-trained American twenty-something carillonneurs would end up in the same car on the subway sitting across from each other?

New York: A small big city.

And what are the chances that two of these carillonneurs would then come across the esoteric score of John Cage's "Music for Carillon No. 4" on display in MoMA?

Every floor of MoMA was exquisite. Barely made it out alive. Didn't eat a real dinner. Attended a party attended only by musicians in Brooklyn. Got off the subway early to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. Arrived back at Two Gold at midnight. Nobody was home from work except Euge. The others returned about half past midnight.

I suppose going to work one day and returning home from work the next isn't so alien to my own way of life. But doing that work in an office... that's what boggles my mind.

2 comments:

tropik said...

dude your hair is SERIOUSLY long nowadays :)

carillonista said...

I know! It's only because... well, because I'm too cheap to get it cut in Europe. I refuse anything more expensive than those $15 45-minute Chinatown haircuts in San Fran. :-<