22 June 2006

the finish line

Another responsibility discharged. Information disseminated, people ruffled, people flattered, people flattering themselves. I was unprepared and out of public speaking practice, but I guess it came off okay.

"He's gonna break his arm one day patting himself on the back," said SSW of one of the more talkative members of the GCNA. She's delightfully saucy as ever. And now I have invitations for summer concerts that are over a year away.

Why do I keep being nice? Even someone who barely knew him had the gall to walk up to him and tell him he's an @55. I should just do that and walk away. And return to Belgium a couple days earlier. The grass is getting greener.

1 comment:

carillonista said...

LOL! I'm glad the last line delivered. My only note is that Miami residents turn on the heat before Californians do. ;p When I was in Miami in short sleeves, they were pulling on sweaters!