14 February 2006

kapper

Elvo: "I believe in you. But I don't believe in you waking up for a 9 am haircut."

Me: Unable to deny it, but... *wheels in my head start turning*

Reluctantly accustomed, I woke up ruefully at 8 am without my alarm, having decided the night before that it was more important to be well rested for my looming auditions than to have a good attendance record in Dutch class. So off to kreatos I went for the shortest haircut I'd ever had...in duration. Unfortunately, I estimated the metric equivalent of 3 inches incorrectly and ended up with an itty bitty 5 cm snip. I would have said something, but I assumed the hairdresser was in the early stages of the cut and was going to chop off a lot more while layering! So sue me. At my Chinese salon in San Fran, my $12 heavily layered haircuts take 45 minutes.

Like most non-Chinese salons, this one got me with extra charges I didn't expect--brushing and drying doubled the price to a whopping 42 €. But considering how infrequently I find time to get a haircut, I suppose it all adds up to the same price. Or so I keeping telling myself.

This morning my Yahoo! mail inbox held precisely 1000 unread messages.

Fijne Valentijnsdag!

No comments: