12 February 2006

harmonia nascentis mundi

Copies of Kircher's fanciful 1650 treatise Musurgia Universalis are held at the Beinecke Library at Yale and... the Royal Carillon School's library. Organists may particularly enjoy 'The Harmony of the Birth of the World', illustrated by an organ with six registers for each day of the creation. I just found that Stanford has an Athanasius Kircher Image Gallery--endless hours of browsing for the incunabula music fiend.

Belgians claiming that the Nederlandse Beiaardschool doesn't award master's degrees at all or that if they do, they are not internationally recognized, Dutchmen claiming the opposite; I might as well just go and see afterwards whether the diploma I've earned is the equivalent of anything or not. Incidentally, here is an interesting work of art from the HKU website. Not that I agree with the message, as Wagner sounds damn good to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For more on Athanasius Kircher, check out www.kirchersociety.org