21 August 2007

swing

Resonance No. 8Getting back into the swing of things. The Eastman organ department has a snazzy new front page featuring a newsletter for which I've written two articles (one misattributed in the current PDF). I've caught up with Joe and heard about the more colorful events of the summer series (including foreigners' predilection for the Dinosaur BBQ and its attendant Harleys), claimed my key to our dedicated and newly painted carillon practice room, and am working with him to get new mics in the belfry with Paul's help. I've got Henk Bading's "Aria Hexafonica" down pat after once practice session. Paul Takahashi's "Jumper Ralley" is proving much more intractable, however. And don't even get me started on "Een Aangename Voois." Nevertheless, I've submitted my rather ambitious concert program for Berea today, so there's only one way to go. Fantastic preparation for the EROI carillon concert, if you want to look at it that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh shnaps you're learning the second suite too? Isn't it neat?

carillonista said...

Just the Aria for now.. don't want to get ahead of myself with my degree recital around the corner. :-\

Anonymous said...

Oi! Good luck with that! I'm sure you'll rock it hard.