22 August 2007

The next obvious step after choosing to cook with what's in season is joining a CSA. This will have to wait until I have a home and free time in the evenings to learn to cook new things or devise recipes with what I have, but it's something to look forward to.

Finally went shopping at Ocean Garden for Asian groceries and scoped out India House. The latter is quite promising, if I can ever learn to cook Indian food properly (anyone want to give me a cookbook for Xmas? :), but I wish amongst their Tibetan bells and things there had been some colorful prayer flags to liven up my whitewashed place.

Speaking of making things interesting, why doesn't the Eastman School of Music have any decent photography on its walls? Besides the Music Ed floor, there's really nothing, and certainly no student space.

No comments: