04 November 2006

photo op

Despite the intensely irritating cursor, Expatica has finally rewarded me for my loyalty. Although my carillon has precious little to do with Belgium, I can at least spread the word to folks whose carillons do (of whom there are quite a few): Linking America and Belgium through images. Unfortunately this newspaper sounds like it's in dismal shape. I've emailed in Flemish inquiring about a subscription and offering to throw together a super-basic no-brainer website. Other Dutch-language newspapers in America have had to go to online-only offerings before. I feel bad for them, but I also see a new way to reach the Belgian population in America for support of my beiaard projecten.

René Uijlenhoet has finally written back -- enthusiastically, about the performance of his electroacoustic organ and carillon pieces for the ECMC25 Series. In fact, he wants to be here in person for the performances. I hope he is shocked by my email response in Dutch. That would be t3h r0x0rz.

No comments: