06 November 2006

for a moment, i thought there was a carillon in india

While at Yale, we received the most hilariously urgent and badly written inquiry from a man in India about purchasing a carillon immediately--perhaps even ours. When I saw an excerpt from an article reading "the carillon is as far removed from India as the igloo," I wondered if I shouldn't have been so quick to laugh. Was there now a carillon in India thanks to this man's fanatical efforts?

No, it all goes back to Jo Haazen. This is an article about Mechelen. Amazing!

The lady at the Little Bakery gave me two delicious almond croissants for free this evening with my purchase of a loaf of sourdough on the condition that I return for more. I passed on the love by giving a croissant to Naomi in the bag which has Little's address on it. Clearly, we all benefit from this kind of generosity. And the Little Bakery donates its unsold goods to a kitchen. Awesome.

Maybe this is a Rochester attitude. What about the lady who discounted my used book expecting me to buy more in the future anyway?

No comments: