08 September 2006

high-speed deja vu

While I was on my way to the Fulbright meeting to discuss returning to the Low Countries with Professor Steingröver, a white sedan ran a red light and tried to run me over. Irony. The driver didn't slow down from his 30+ mph speed at all; I heard the screech of brakes when it was less than a foot away from me. I jumped back and it turned slightly. And thus I narrowly missed getting another titanium leg early in my latest leg-employing keyboard studies.

Welcome to Rochester, New York.

I can't get over the fact that I thought only, "What will I do to continue my organ studies?" when I saw the car just a couple feet away from me. Was that all I was thinking when the car impacted me in Mechelen? It would explain why I woke up screaming that the paramedics had to fix my femur because I had to play the carillon. I'm more tempted than ever to find someone who can help me revive my memory. But today's memory doesn't haunt me because I didn't get hit. Don't play with fire, tiff.

No comments: