29 August 2006

tidy

My room is breathing, and at the moment has swelled to such a size that I get dizzy looking at the walls. The room is so tidy, clutter-free, and easily navigable that it feels almost cozy. Yet it is too much so for me to go to sleep. We caught the last of the sunrise colors from the tower roof, found many more beautiful angles in the morning light, packaged and sent many boxes of exact weights, consumed the "Last Supper Special" stirfry of all remaining vegetables in the fridge, left another box in the archive, and had a delectable dessert of mousse and fresh mint tea at Puro with its anti-chandelier anti-design Urban Outfitters classic hipness of gracefully arcing space. I've been awake for nearly 40 hours.

And now I've cleaned up my room and that has left me powerless against it. Not to mention against the fact that I might have to throw some clothes out in order to close the unwieldy Samsonite suitcase. In moments of desperation today, I donated clothes I was inclined to keep, and while a good exercise, I must admit it's painful.

While proofreading this, I forgot how I got here or what I was doing. Time for a wink of sleep before the flight.

No comments: