24 August 2006

tally

Escape to Milano for one day, and who should we run into but my former Beiaardschool classmate Akiko and her friend on the plane and again about to mount the stairs (despite the availability of an elevator) like the hardcore carillonneurs we are to the incredible roof of the Duomo! More to come shortly about Milano, but I desperately need sleep recovery time.

So I finish the year having visited 12 foreign countries on 3 continents in my life, and about 27 states and the District of Columbia within the US. With these numbers in mind, what should I chance across but this nifty logo-brandishing tally? I wonder how complete it is. As any Antwerpenaar would point out, it's missing 't Stad. =)







Got at b3co.com!

Speaking of public transportation, a critical study of San Francisco's MUNI has found that the only slower bus system in America is that in New York--clocking in at 7.9 mph in comparison to MUNI's dizzying 8.0 mph. Having rarely taken the bus in either city, I can't make a comparison, but I must say that the one time I took a bus in Manhattan, it proved pointless: We went 5 blocks in 15 minutes and were surpassed by the pedestrians. The only reason you'd take a bus outside the Metropolitan Museum would be to cool off in the A/C or to sit down your elderly behind, prop up your cane, and await your day of judgment.

No comments: