26 January 2006

orgel foto

A couple years ago, Ben introduced me to Information Society, the band that sang "Where Would I Be Without IBM?"

Today, it's more a question of where I would be without Altavista's Babe...

Finally, a photo of the organ I play five times a week in the Dekenale kerk Onze-Lieve-Vrouw-over-de-Dijle, stolen from a set of postcards, since I've never seen the organ in real life: It is entirely covered with tarps for the exterior restoration of the church. Go figure.

Today I nearly froze to death during practice. Even blazing through the Langlais pédale solo for the first time since the accident didn't get my blood flowing again, although it awoke the continued inflexibility of my leg. I gave up early, and so did Monique, who opens the church each day to visitors. Tomorrow, it's Hindemith page two.

The Yale ISM has assigned me an audition date of February 26. I'd feel much better if I could start taking organ lessons again, and if I could actually access any of the money in my American bank account to do little things like buy airplane tickets. Damn Bank of America. Why the hell didn't someone tell me to go with Deutschebank?

So, available for a limited time only (until 3 February), my theme song of the week: Chronisch Pleite by Die Prinzen.

1 comment:

Klaas said...

:-D How on earth did you come up with that marginal song?? lol lol