23 January 2006

gimp racing

Tonight I'm speed-limping across the Grote Markt, minding my own beeswax, when some drunkard starts limping in my general direction. I limp faster while keeping a suspicious eye on him. Mechelen never saw two cripples limping more intently in the same direction.

Then he limps straight into the side of a car, which promptly changes his trajectory. It's all I can do not to laugh.

After our expedition to the HyperCarrefour, Elvo asked about my dream vehicles. It was a question I hadn't considered for a while. I did some rethinking and "settled" on the following: A blue Honda Insight as a starter car (to minimize my ecological footprint of 3.9 global hectares, which would still require 2.2 Earths if everyone lived like me), the BMW 650i Convertible in metallic silver for roadtrips and events (obviously not with the intention of minimizing anything), and the Ducati Superbike 999 in black for...the hell of it. Yeeeah. When I become a filthy rich carillon rockstar.

sooo sexy...

5 comments:

tropik said...

You know, there're not enough carillon rockstars in the world - let alone filthy ones

tropik said...

RICH! Filthy rich... ;]

Klaas said...

Well, first of all, the biological footprint calculator you're using is somewhat more forgiving compared to the one I used: this one says my lifestyle would require 3.1 Earths instead of 3.66 :-) (Still, it's very ironic that the regular flights required by my job in tropical marine ecology require more from the Earth than what they probably yield... but then again, wasn't it something like that George II said to Franklin regarding his silly experiments with electricity as well? - anyway, we're getting off topic)

That being said, since you're apparently willing to ignore your biological footprint once you're a filthy rich carillon rockstar, why not try this one: http://www.starlimos.de/new/hummerH2.htm :-p

carillonista said...

Jon... Think you can get away with a Freudian slip around me? There are wannabe carillon rockstars though... I have video clips. And then there are The Bell's Angels.

Klaas, you got me there. I waddled through the French quiz and got 2.98 Earths. This is partially because I am vegetarian and don't have a car yet. (Thanks for the link to that... monster, btw.) I'm sure over a lifetime you'll do the Earth a lot of good. :)

Elvo: Since Austin took me for a long ride on his Honda crotch rocket around the Bay Area. Then Dave went and told me that if I liked that machine, I should take a look at some Ducatis. I went, I saw, I drooled.

Klaas said...

Bell's Angels? The Belltrix would be more appropriate, I'd say...