02 January 2007

't Stad

Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekathedraal Antwerpen
Belfry
Originally uploaded by carillonista.
People take such good care of me!

Elvo: "Early December, when I told my mother about your operation, her reaction was: 'Maybe we should send a wrench to the American surgeon, cuz I don't think they have metric hardware there?'"

I feel like a carillon. Background: Elvo and I went out of our way to find metric wrenches to send to the Yale Guild to fix up the clavier.

Damn I miss my third home. Was invited by a globetrotter to visit the Antwerpen Dierentuin... forgot to relocate my Dutch social networking profiles. Oh 't Stad, I'll see you again soon. Hold those diamonds for your best friend.

IjssculptuurAs if that wasn't enough, Expatica is back online to remind me of the classiness of Belgian cuisine (even if they torture turkeys and ducks/geese to prepare it), the great cycling weather this year (although I missed the best of it in fall 2006), the continuing and redoubled efforts to improve the already remarkable cycling in Flanders, and Ijssculptuur Brugge, where they've done an icy mockup of the Sagrada Família. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I feel like a carillon. "

Yeah, you've got to avoid getting more hardware inside of you, or people will start tugging your tampon string, expecting a chime, or a little cuckoo birdie to come out!