26 December 2006

surprise

Godiva cocktail truffles
Returned home to find an anonymous Christmas gift at my front door: A twelve-piece limited edition set of cocktail truffles in a handsome martini shaker. My first martini shaker ever! Now if only I still had martini glasses from the days when I found collecting them entertaining.

I have to admit that, despite its American manufacture, this chocolate is completely palatable. Possibly even exquisite. I think I'm catching on. As one gets older, one receives fewer presents, but the presents get more tasteful and more extravagant. And more anonymous.

Then again, Ingrid gave me The Best of Dr. Suess, the pair of jeans I'd left in Cambridge two years ago and had been asking after ever since, Peet's candy, and yet more yoinked airline safety cards in various languages. Utterly tasteless and utterly ... brilliant.

No comments: