28 December 2006

pre-op

Spun around San Francisco today without really meaning to. Saw Dr. Belzer, who broke the news to me that the operation would be entirely unnecessary, at 8:30 AM. Was out by 9:15 AM still determined to see it through. Claimed a free cup of lavender earl grey at Peet's Coffee in Laurel Heights, hightailed it to Caffe Puccini and realized that the service there know what my dad's going to order before he can even open his mouth, realized from that that my parents are creatures of habits and I the opposite, enjoyed a thick rich slice of blackberry pie, wandered around North Beach and intently engaged in religious tourism, snooped around the Fairmont Hotel and yoinked a pencil for Baskeyfield since I could think of no one else to justify yoinking it, wandered into Grace Cathedral and immediately had to hold back watery eyes as the sounds of symphonic Aeolian Skinner organ chords washed around us fortuitously, chose a Sennhauser for Christmas courtesy of my parents from the Guitar Center's new location, hopped around the Legion of Honor realizing that the cleverly hidden organ was by E.M. Skinner himself, helped myself to the 50% gift shop sale, took a hike around the mountainous beachfront park on an empty stomach at 2 PM, traveled along my favorite SF highway, and then finally touched down on home again impatient to get started on "real" work, which turned out to be continuing my clean-out spree, sending more cards, processing my summer photos, and receiving a FedExed teddy bear from the minioner in Houston.

Guess "real" work is going to wait until after I'm titanium free.

No comments: