06 May 2007

art & music

Today I had the privilege of playing two short demonstration recitals on the Italian Baroque Organ at the Memorial Art Gallery. Surprisingly, the people from the smaller group seemed most interested and moved by the affair, asking specific questions afterwards about the repertoire I'd played -- Arvo Pärt's "Trivium" and even the "Cuaderno de Tonos de Maitines" of Sor María Clara. It meant so much to me that this music sparked their imaginations and curiosity. I hope I can make a career out of doing things like this more often. (Perhaps with a little more preparation.) I wasn't ready to tie the music in with the artworks I'd chosen, and I didn't have a handout... but I did the best I could, and it seemed to be just fine.

Italian Baroque Organ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful space. This setting must give you inspiration in making the music sound...