09 April 2007

gay Cinderella weddings

Reluctant as I am to admit it, children's programming does affect their social perception. Tracy told me me how her daughter completed a coloring sheet for her religion class so that each person was of a different ethnicity, careful to ask what color to use for the Native American. Tracy thought the politically correct multiracial casts of children's television shows were behind it and marveled at how different the "norm" for children today is from the norm she knew. Should I be amused that children's understanding of the norm in society now comes from television rather than real life?

I'm curious as to what changes Disney's go-ahead for gay marraige ceremonies in front of Cinderella's Castle may likewise effect. (Incidentally, why is our government more conservative than the Disney corporation?)

No comments: