05 May 2006

motorhythmicized

I finally felt ready today to play my most strenuous pieces in one go. For the most part, it worked, although my arms were trembling for a good half hour afterwards. I hardly cared, exhilarated to discover how the confidence necessary to play those pieces actually feels. It's new. Tom claims my bench and the entire playing cabin were rumbling during Motorhythmia. If I can make this happen consistently, the GCNA will be getting "motorhythmicized" (as Neil Thornock himself termed it) in June.

Perhaps because I was utterly useless yesterday evening in Antwerpen and furthermore slept six entire hours, today was shockingly productive. I began the morning with pushups and then practiced the carillon for several hours, played in the tower, had a late lunch during which I claimed the last Godiva truffles from Ana, practiced the piano, practiced the organ, biked 21 km roundtrip to Walem and back (discovering a charming park in Rumst, a nature preserve in a cutoff loop of the Nete River, a magnificent temple-like underpass, and--finally--benches along the way) while practicing hopping until I was red in the face, made pasta with tomato saffron sauce, practiced more piano, and vacuumed my room. It's now time to tackle some YUCMI business, and it's not even midnight! How is that possible?!

Warm weather makes time pass slower. Therefore, one can get more done on a warm day. Could it be simpler?

No comments: