06 March 2006

schizo-weather

I've never seen such schizophrenic weather, but this must be a typical Belgian spring. On the last day of February, we got every type of preciptation imagineable, from rain to snow to hail, sometimes all mixed together (no kidding)! On the first day of March, it snowed while the sun was out (Belgians calls this the devils' play). Yesterday was a great day for a bike trip until it started to rain for half an hour, but after I gave up on the idea, the afternoon stayed sunny.

This morning, it started out cloudy, got beautifully sunny, started raining by the time I'd finished running errands outside, stopped raining just as I gave up on going to school for lunch and started to cook, started snowing some of the largest snowflakes I'd ever seen which melted immediately upon contact with anything, then stopped snowing after five minutes.

Will I make it back to school without more surprises?

I have a large backlog of drafted entries to be posted soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's the climate change