09 September 2005

missed Music for Airports

The new Audi A8 of the sheikh of Dubai is made of real silver. Pretty sweet, but I prefer metallic silver (paint) myself.

Today was one of those days. I woke up with two boils on my right foot looking larger and more disgusting than ever. Even Tom was grossed out. The day was grey and drizzly, although surprisingly not to the point that I really minded. At 3 pm, I was determined to seize the opportunity to hear Brian Eno's "Music for Airports" performed live at Brussels International Aiport, but of course had so many bike and train mishaps on the way that I decided to cut my losses at Brussel-Noord and return to Mechelen, where I proceded to miss the Choir of King's College Cambridge concert (including Tallis and Allegri's 'Miserere Deus,' which Mozart transcribed from memory when the music was considered too sacred to be distributed) in Zichem because I figured I would miss the trains for that too. Not to mention that the address of the venue was nowhere to be found. So I spent my Friday evening alone, houseware shopping in Mechelen and painting. After two days of painting, my room is almost liveable. I should be able to finish tomorrow. At the moment, I can't decide whether I want to go to Brussels for the Michael Nyman Band at KlaraFestival, or just attend the King's College Choir concert on Sunday night and the following Minimalism weekend. Should I attend the Mahler 'Ressurection Symphony' concert on Thursday for the usual idiotic reason?

Just killed a mosquito for perhaps the third time in my life. I feel terrible about the person who clearly had to wipe last night's squashed mog off the wall. Good thing this mouse doesn't really need a mousepad...

No comments: