03 April 2012

wandering

Braised and glazed green garlic. Cooked using Bittman's braised and glazed Brussels sprouts recipe. Wowsers!

Sunday before last, I had myself the loveliest day in a long time, wandering all around northwestern SF, perhaps inspired by Madeleine's wanderings as I'd recently rewatched Vertigo--on the big screen. Impulse visits to the Legion of Honor where I caught the organ concert and a show of 19th-century art surprisingly relevant to what I've studied, Land's End, Sutro Baths, which I'd actually never seen before, sunset on Ocean Beach, discoveries at Green Apple Books, and late-night Indonesian food. The rest of the week was nonstop work, but I had my one day of spring break.

1 comment:

birdhouses said...

Your braised and glazed green garlic sounds great. What is the recipe?