12 November 2008

beginning of the end of the semester

Beginning work on Davitt's manuscript "Recueil d'airs Choisis" has been intimidating, but is it not a good sign when you discover two concordances within five minutes of beginning your search for concordances?

Studying the MS tired me out today however. I was so desperate for a break that I even deigned to walk into American Apparel (the thought of walking in had never occurred to me) and Wet Seal. I should really go window shopping at University Press Books or the Musical Offering, but that involves reading and thinking (about academics)... I need to find more hobbies that involve neither.

At 10 pm...
Bam. Thirteen concordances/sources or leads. Mostly cross-eyed, and very behind on the rest of my work. The pros and cons of OCD...

1 comment:

crisscrass said...

Hope you can fall back in pace with all that uni work ;-) and yes i tremendously enjoyed your home state, especially SF stole my heart! Talk about a small-sized city (not small compared to antwerp of course, heh) with great-minded people...