27 December 2005

improvement

Tonight I discovered that I could dance again (goofily). That was the result of discovering that I could be angry again. I also realized that I am incapable of keeping appointments even when my schedule is nearly empty.

The infected wound on my calf has gotten deeper (almost 4 mm, I'd say) rather than shallower over the past week, so the doctor instructed me to have a nurse clean and dress it daily. Peter was a nice fellow, but admittedly I was glad to think that after my last shot (to maintain my circulation), I would never see him again. No such luck. At least I'm not going to grow feverish and nearly faint every night (and some mornings as well) picking out infected tissue again. The nurse can pack bandages into that thing as much as he pleases, and I ain't gonna look.

I might just be angry enough to go to school tomorrow and start practicing again. Thank you, Lisa. I've never met you, but thank you, thank you, thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't get into Gmail right now, so an actual e-mail will have to wait until later, but I just came across this blog today and wanted to let you know that my thoughts and wishes are with you. Hang in there, ok? And if there's anything I can do, just let me know - Edinburgh isn't too far from Belgium. ;-)

(Granted, I'm in the US right now... need anything distinctly North American?)

- Brian